May 30, 2009

Favor Yourself: Over The Rainbow Times Two

When you get a chance...do yourself a favor and listen to this Eva Cassidy rendition of Somewhere Over The Rainbow. I've enjoyed Eva's music for many years but never thought of looking for live footage of her on You Tube. She had the most lovely voice and did songs she wrote along with those of others. Eva was just coming into her own when she passed away in 1996 at the age of thirty three. 

Since I'm a fan of this song, I think I'll also include the link to my other favorite version of it. Done by Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole, a wonderful Hawaiian singer who, unfortunately, also passed away at a very young age. Somewhere Over The Rainbow. He also recorded a number of lovely pieces including a touching Wind Beneath My Wings.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Giggybaskets said...

Really beautiful versions of this song...thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin