July 12, 2010

Remembering California


My cousin's house is a joy to wander through and around. If it weren't rude to take pictures non-stop while visiting, I would have done just that. She has created the kind of house that would ALMOST make me want to live back in the land of hellish summer heat. 

She enjoys telling a story about our childhood that either is or isn't true. I do hope it isn't but... she tells great stories and never ceases to make me laugh. In this case she swears that when we were little kids and she would come to visit, I would only let her use my white crayons! 

After this visit to her home, I decided if the story is true, I'm grabbing some credit for developing her skills for making magic with a limited color pallet. 


And how nice of the place we stayed the last night in town to plant Birds of Paradise at the front door. They stood like silent, glowing sentries, keeping watch while we slept. They eek summer. Sure hope yours is going well!

4 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

That Bird of Paradise photo is excellent. They look like something from the movie Avatar, almost otherworldly. Only the white crayons...that brought a chuckle. I want to add that I went back to your post on the horse's eye and that was a fun read, too. It's a great time of year, isn't it?

Taos Sunflower said...

Seeing that chair photo is so calming and serene.

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Teresa,
You are so right, they do look like something from Avatar. I really like that movie. If my cousin drops by the blog I'm guessing she will be delighted that the white crayon story now lives a bit larger. If the tale is true, I hope I've already worked off the bad karma. Thanks for taking a peek at the older post.
Enjoy the day!
Hugs,
Chris

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Hi Martie,
Her whole house has that calm feeling. The only thing missing is stepping out onto a beach. Has that coastal feel throughout. Calm, calm, calm EXCEPT, in the room with the computer. We stepped in to see some old photos and I nearly came face to face with a mounted tarantula. She likes eight legged things, I DO NOT. Hugs,
Chris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin