November 19, 2011

Seasons Go Round

The heavy rain, cold temps and stronger winds have been having their way with our regional fall leaves. Color came on a bit late and then seemed to begin its shift almost as quickly, or so it seemed to me. Mother nature's way of reminding us to pay attention, take in the magic moments and be grateful. 

I have been making every effort to catch what I can, with camera and senses, when possible. Twice I have been caught up in swirling/dropping/blowing moments of yellows, reds and more; taking my breath, giving me the chills. The same kind of chills I get when listening to this version of Bruce Springsteen's "I'm On Fire" preformed by Jennifer Nettles and Ben Harper at this years Kennedy Center Honors. 
The seasons go round. 
Firing up, coloring up, clean and still, renewing. 
Gifts. 

Photos taken in Wright Park, Tacoma.

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful, Chris, especially the middle shot! I can never get enough fall foliage, and you have access to some spectacular shots! Thanks for sharing...

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Hi Judy,

Thanks so much for stopping by. Glad you like the images. I too enjoy the center photo. There were so many shots taken on my two lunch walks through the park this season that it's hard to know where to start in posting them.

Yep, it is ALL about this Northwest access to seasonal changes that make the photos possible. Ever grateful for it...aside from those High wind days that give me the willies.

Hugs,
Chris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin