November 4, 2010

Paying Respect

I was visiting one of my old friends, the Paper Birch tree at Wright Park, on my lunch break recently.  She is big and tall with some calloused damage in her largest branches, proving her determination to live.  

By the time I can get to the park from where I now work, there is little time to spend there, but the journey is worth it. The dance of the Paper Birch is not to be missed. Of course the fall leaves are a draw, but on this visit I spent most of my time paying respect to one of the park's finest.

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Wow, I have never seen a paper bark birch that large, not even close, I love big trees and they are to be respected for surviving to such an old age.

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Hi Linda and welcome,
I agree, that birch is amazing. I'll try and remember to post a shot of her branches. Big trees are wonderful. Their few and far between reality is hard to swallow.
Chris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin