July 21, 2010

Catching Shadows


The Palouse was a fun place for catching shadows. With the grain storage and transport needed regionally, silos of all shapes and sizes near rail stops are plentiful. And as is common across the country, where the trains stop, so grow the communities. Great fun to drive around small, small "towns" early in the morning. They give the appearance of just coming to life, yet farmers and the businesses supporting them always get a good head start on the day. Much to be done while the shadows are long.

5 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

That is so very cool.

Teresa Evangeline said...

I love small towns and all they offer. Real people, doing real things, and some great photo opps.

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Hi Martie,
Thanks! I looked left as I was traveling through this small community and caught sight of that shadow a couple of blocks over. The light was moving so quickly, it seemed as if I might not get around the block in time to catch it. But, deed done. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hugs,
Chris

Teresa,
Ditto and exactly! There were a couple of others that I really wanted to stop in but there just wasn't time to do it all.
Hugs,
Chris

Giggybaskets said...

Another great photo. This reminds me of North Dakota where my grandparents on both sides of my family were farmers.

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

BG,
I felt the same way about these little communities and where I came from. I've always wanted to see the Dakota's. Between the history there and the tales of your grandparents, I'm ready to go now.
Hugs,
Chris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin