December 12, 2010

Sunset on Henderson Bay

There are times when it is impossible not to be "in the moment". This was one of those times. On my list of most calming spots, this one ranks right near the top and close to number one for the most frequently viewed, as I pass it daily while commuting. As some of you know, it tends to grab my camera on a regular basis. It also serves to heighten senses while calming nerves. Of course there are those times, with heavy wind, waves and rain, that driving the stretch of highway across it provides more sense heightening than calming.

Today is undoubtedly one of those. We are gathering some inches of rain and area ditches, streams and rivers are over topping. The power is still on so... I'm choosing to remember this early November sunset on Henderson Bay and not think over much about the branches and beyond-heavy rain I hear pounding the roof. 


Also keeping my co-workers in my thoughts as they muster forces to address flooding needs. The folks who put themselves at risk to keep us all safe have my admiration, including the death defying acts I see power line workers perform during wind storms here in the Northwest. Unbelievable what they accomplish. Thanks to each of you emergency responders for your efforts, expertise and willingness to take action.


Happy and Safe Sunday all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and accompanying prose that it calms you most of the time. I feel that way on my drive through the semi-arid country to Abilene. But, sometimes it is not so calming, like yours. Jack of Sage to Meadow

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I read about your weather yesterday... hope you are safe and dry! I love the photo... very calming and beautiful!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Jack,
I hope we all have places in our days, like yours and mine, that provide calming magic. Such great aids to the days peaceful start or finish.
Hugs,
Chris

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Hi Judy,
We held on through those down-pours. A bit down the road they had six and a half inches of rain. We don't keep a rain gauge but I'm guessing we had about half of that.

All is well here, however the ground is really soaked following about two weeks of rain. Last nights high winds, farther north, had a heyday uprooting fir trees. Folks just recovering from flooding are now dealing with more damage.

I know, this sounds like a weather report. Like drought, all these dramatic weather changes around the world are hard to wrap the mind around.
Hugs,
Chris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin