December 5, 2010

Puyallup Valley

 In the remaining farm lands along the Puyallup Valley,

 I went in search of a pumpkin patch as October began to fade,

 The late afternoon light found me on the seasons 
closing day at Duris Cucumber Farm,

Where all manner of local goodness tempted those of us passing by.

Fall may be a theme for awhile as so many photos were taken then, with little opportunity to get them posted here. Though they may be out of sync with the our winter days, hopefully their colors will be welcome reminders of Autumn's kind gifts.

6 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

"all manner of local goodness.." I love these and look forward to more autumn photos. My favorite time of year. Beautiful reminders are welcome any time!

Kittie Howard said...

Ahhh, goodness from the garden. I love these roadside stops/stores. I love the four seasons equally. Having said that, Virginia isn't the coldest spot in the U.S., so I don't really know cold.

Lovely pics, thank you!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wonderful shots! I especially like the "canned" goods! Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to more!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Teresa,
Thanks and DITTO! My favorite time of year as well. When leaving a meeting yesterday I saw just a few remnants of color in another pumpkin field. Most trees and fields around here are looking pretty bare.
Hugs,
Chris

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Kittie,
I agree about the road stands. Always something fun and unexpected to be found at them.

I too love the seasonal changes, though in WA we do see some pretty chilly temps on occasion. Have to admit they feel colder to me as the years unfold. Vests are my friends.
Hugs,
Chris

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks so much. I'll try and get more up this weekend. Happy stitching!
Hugs,
Chris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin