October 8, 2010

A Warm Summer Stroll

It "seems" schedules are calming and I may have a chance to bring Sea Mist and Sunsets back into my circle of activities. Unfortunately, that sounds like a repetition of phrases uttered here a good deal this year. I'm not sure about the rest of you but, when I am swamped the creative side of my brain slows to a grinding halt. This seems a good time to oil my mental gears and get things moving again. Slowly at first. No doubt I'll gain momentum. Who can resist falls dance through the Northwest and soft camera callings.

The image above was taken during a warm summer stroll in Sequim, WA with a dear friend. Sequim is the home of the lavender fields shown in earlier posts. 

6 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

I love, love, love the colors, the sense of texture. So good to see you again. Big Hug
T

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Hi Teresa,
So glad you enjoyed the photo. I really like those colors too. There have been sooo many photos taken the last few months. Things may get a little out of sink as we pass through autumn into winter and I'm still posting spring.
Hugs to you too,
Chris

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the image, Chris! I, too, have a friend in Sequim... haven't seen her in years, but we talk at least once a year. Don't let 'life' get in the way of your creativity! I know it's hard, but I always tried to reward myself as often as I could with creative outlets when I was still working. Now, 'life' is second and my creative needs come first! Yaaaay!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Thanks so much Judy,
Sequim is a wonderful place for your friend to have landed. And thanks as well for your wise words. I put them to practice yesterday and visited a few of my inspiration spots. Everything smells of fall.

Loving watching your "Taos" project as it unfolds. Happy Stitching!
Hugs,
Chris

Giggybaskets said...

Glad to see you back! I love the colors in this photo, too!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Thanks BG. The business that stocks the sea of pots I was shooting have a wonderful talent for combinations. Always a fun stop when visiting up North.
Hugs,
Chris

Blog Widget by LinkWithin